The flute is arguably the oldest musical instrument in the world, as it has gone through thousands of years before appearing in its modern form with the sophisticated key system. In this talk, historical flautist Tsang Yat-ho will introduce the evolution of flute from Baroque to modern periods. With his talk and demonstration, the audience will have a deeper understanding of the characteristics of the different types of flutes in terms of appearance, volume, tone and timbre etc. Tsang will also share his experience of learning period instruments and practising historically informed performance (HIP) in Hong Kong and Europe.
The event is conducted in English
- Free admission with registration.
- For HKUST members, Friends of HKUST, and invited guests only.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age
- Please arrive 15 minutes early before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- Except for exempted persons, all visitors entering the CMA Lecture Theater (LT-L) are required to comply with the latest directions under Cap.599F.
除豁免人士外，進入香港中華廠商聯合會演講廳(LT-L)的人士須遵守法例第 599F 章的最新指示。
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.
Hong Kong Arts Festival in collaboration with The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Center for the Arts