The talk will focus on the variety and symbolism of costumes, masks and make-up of Cantonese opera, which correspond to the various roles of characters in this traditional art form of southern China. Common props used in classical Cantonese opera scenes will also be introduced.
ONLINE REGISTRATION 網上登記
- Free admission with registration.
- For HKUST members, Friends of HKUST, and invited guests only.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- Except for exempted persons, all visitors entering the Main Hall of the Shaw Auditorium are required to comply with the latest directions under Cap.599F.
除豁免人士外，進入逸夫演藝中心禮堂的人士須遵守法例第 599F 章的最新指示。
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.