Types of Projects and Funding Limit
- Applied R&D projects which are industry-oriented and have potential for commercialization;
- No funding limit per project;
- Industry sponsorship in cash or in kind or a combination of both from at least one private sector company, which should not be equipment/service suppliers of the project to cover at least 10% of total project cost, is required.
- Projects which are exploratory and forward-looking in nature;
- The maximum amount of funding support is HK$1.4 million (for designated local public research institute) and HK$2.8 million (for R&D Centre);
- Industry sponsorship is NOT mandatory but still encouraged as an indication of the potential market needs and interest.
For both Platform and Seed Projects, the intellectual property (IP) rights generated from the projects shall be owned by the lead applicant.
Eligibility and Application Procedures
Full-time academic staff is eligible to apply. Please read the Guide to Filling in the Application Form and online submit ITSP Form 1.13 for Platform Projects and ITSP Form 2.13 for Seed Projects via ITCFASII to Research Office by 5 September 2022.
Platform Projects: not exceed 24 months
Seed Projects: not exceed 18 months
5 September 2022
Veronica Keung (Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel : 2358 6949)
Thank you for your attention.