Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) is now inviting application for the 2021 Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) providing funding support for both Platform and Seed Projects. Projects that are applied R&D projects in nature and contribute to innovation and technology upgrading in industry with crucial innovation and technology component may accord higher priority. Projects should focus primarily on deliverables having a reasonable chance for application in due course.
Types of Projects and Funding Limit
- Applied R&D projects which are industry-oriented and have potential for commercialization;
- No funding limit per project;
- Industry sponsorship* in cash or in kind or a combination of both from at least one private sector company, which should not be equipment/service suppliers of the project to cover at least 10% of total project cost, is required.
- Projects which are exploratory and forward-looking in nature;
- The maximum amount of funding support is HK$1.4 million (for designated local public research institute) and HK$2.8 million (for R&D Centre);
- Industry sponsorship* is NOT mandatory but still encouraged as an indication of the potential market needs and interest.
For both Platform and Seed Projects, the intellectual property (IP) rights generated from the projects shall be owned by the lead applicant.
Note: A company contributing sponsorship is eligible to apply 40% rebate from ITC Research and Development Cash Rebate Scheme only if it is registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance, not a government subvented organization and not a subsidiary of any government subvented organization.
Eligibility and Application Procedures
Full-time academic staff is eligible to apply. Please read the Guide to Filling in the Application Form and online submit ITSP Form 1.11 for Platform Projects and ITSP Form 2.11 for Seed Projects via ITCFASII to Research Office by 22 April 2021.
Platform Projects: not exceed 24 months
Seed Projects: not exceed 18 months
22 April 2021
Veronica Keung (Email : email@example.com, Tel : 2358 6949)