2024-25 prospective PhD students of the School of Engineering are cordially invited to apply for the 2024 HKUST SENG-BICI Entrepreneurship PhD Program. The program is jointly offered by HKUST School of Engineering and Beijing Institute of Collaborative Innovation (BICI), administrated by the HKUST Collaborative Innovation Center (HCIC). Admitted students will be mentored by supervisors of both HKUST and BICI. Students who meet the degree requirements of HKUST will be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree by HKUST, and be awarded a Certificate of Innovatician by BICI in fulfilling the relevant requirements of BICI. The program will commence in September 2024 and accept 10 students in 2024-25 academic year.
Key Technology Areas:
- Photoelectric Technology
- Environmental and Resources Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Intelligent Manufacturing
- Biomedical Engineering
- Any Relevant Interdisciplinary Fields
The intended program duration is generally 4 years. Students are required to spend half of their time resident at HKUST and half at BICI (in Beijing and/or Guangzhou normally).
BICI provides maximum 4 years of studentship support to the admitted students. The amount is identical to HKUST’s Postgraduate Studentship (PGS) rate during the student’s study period at HKUST. Students are also entitled to scholarships provided by BICI according to the policies of BICI during their residency at BICI or BICI’s designated project locations.
- Interested applicants must communicate fully with the intended supervisor and get his/her consent in advance before submitting application materials. Faculty members of the School of Engineering could be found at https://seng.hkust.edu.hk/about/our-People/faculty.
- Applicants should complete the Application Form in Simplified Chinese and submit 1) the completed application form, 2) graduation certificates and academic transcripts, 3) your resume in both English and Simplified Chinese, and 4) English level certificate of TOEFL/IELTS, via https://ust.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2mbpfpH6sDjRiyG by 13 February 2024 (Tuesday).
- HKUST will shortlist candidates in accordance with the regular admission criteria, and BICI will also conduct innovation ability assessments for the shortlisted candidates. Applicants who pass both the assessments of HKUST and BICI will be admitted to the 2024 Entrepreneurship PhD Program.
Notes: One’s admission status to HKUST will not be impacted if they are not admitted to the 2024 Entrepreneurship PhD Program.
13 February 2024 (Tuesday), 23:59
Miss Constance TONG firstname.lastname@example.org +852 2358 6931
Dr. Daiying XU email@example.com +852 2358 8957