21 Nov 2023 (Tue)
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Living in a competitive city like Hong Kong, the society celebrates efficiency, productivity, achievement etc. Perhaps for a majority of us, always striving for better academic achievements or comparing career prospects, we may be criticizing ourselves day in and day out, affecting our mood and stress without even noticing.
In this workshop, you will
- Identify your own self-criticism, examine the impact of it
- Explore the reasons behind our habit of self-criticizing
- Learn more about the antidote to self-criticism - self-compassion
- Acquire strategies to cultivate self-compassion and be more nurturing to ourselves, brining a positive impact to our mood
Dr. Melissa Chan, Clinical Psychologist
Here on or before 16 Nov 2023
Tel: 2358 6696 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The workshop will be delivered online with Zoom.
- Successful registrants will receive confirmation email with a link to the online session.
- This is a HMAW1905-recognized event in the "Personal Enrichment & Community Service" category under the "Self-directed Experience" of HMAW1905: Behavioral Foundations of University Education: Habits, Mindsets, and Wellness.
- To receive 1.5 hours, you must attend the event in full and miss no more than 10mins.