Further to the launching of the NEW Research Talent Hub for ITF Projects (RTH-ITF) in July 2020, please note that the ITC has updated the eligibility requirement with immediate effect to cover holders of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)-related discipline awarded by well-recognized non-local institution with reference to the lists refer by ITC.
The RTH aims to provide more flexibility on funding support for organisations/companies undertaking research and development (R&D) projects funded by the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to engage research talent to conduct R&D work. Please note the details below for information.
Eligibility of Research Talent
- must possess a bachelor/top-up bachelor/master/doctoral degree of STEM-related discipline (i.e. science, technology, engineering and mathematics) awarded by either a local university or a well-recognized non-local institution, or jointly awarded by a local university together with a non-local university.
- degree obtained from non-local institution is eligible if the awarding institution is among the top 100 institutions for a STEM-related subjects.
- must be legally permitted to work in Hong Kong, and in the relevant field which he/she is to be engaged in research project.
Engagement Period of Research Talent
- should be no less than 6 months, in general up to 36 months on full-time basis. The engagement period should not overlap with any other of the same kind under the RTH.
- research talent who has been engaged under the RTH and has subsequently obtained a first doctoral degree is allowed a fresh 36-month engagement period under the RTH.
Qualification of the research talent/ Maximum monthly allowance/ MPF contribution
a) Bachelor degree: HK$18,000 + HK$900 (MPF)
b) Master degree: HK$21,000 + HK$1,050 (MPF)
c) Doctoral degree: HK$32,000 + HK$1,500 (MPF)
- Applicant should have its ITF-funded project approved and a candidate selected/identified before submission of the application via ITCFAS.
- Relevant supporting document, including certified copies of academic qualification certificate should be attached.
- Fresh application should be submitted for additional or replacement of research talent.
Applications are accepted all year round
Veronica Keung (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 2358 6949)