HKUST Arts Festival 2023 - Screening of Butterfly and Red Pear Blossom (digitally restored version) and Sharing 放映與分享：《蝶影紅梨記》數碼修復版
Screening: Butterfly and Red Pear Blossom (digitally restored version)
Sharing: Sam Ho (Film Researcher), Koven Lo (Conservation, Hong Kong Film Archive)
In 2019, Hong Kong Film Archive made the first restoration of a Cantonese opera film, the Butterfly and Red Pear Blossom (蝶影紅梨記) of 1959. Center for the Arts is screening the digitally restored version and inviting speakers, Mr. Sam Ho and Mr. Koven Lo, to share the experience and technology behind with us. This will provide a glimpse into the technologies of film restoration and the work of building up digital archives that are of great academic values in the 21st century.
ONLINE REGISTRATION 網上登記
This is a recognized event in the "Self-directed Experience" component of CORE1905: Behavioral Foundations of University Education: Habits, Mindsets, and Wellness. You need to attend the event in full to get 2.5 hours.
- Free admission with registration.
- For HKUST members, Friends of HKUST, and invited guests only.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- Except for exempted persons, all visitors entering the Main Hall of the Shaw Auditorium are required to comply with the latest directions under Cap.599F.
除豁免人士外，進入逸夫演藝中心禮堂的人士須遵守法例第 599F 章的最新指示。
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.
Center for the Arts
Facebook: hkustcfa | Instagram: hkustArts | Youtube: The HKUST Center for the Arts
Shaw Auditorium Unit
The HKUST Center for the Arts