The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), is co-organizing a series of multidisciplinary webinars under the theme ‘Navigating a World of Disruption’, with our global partners. The first joint webinar, in partnership with the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, will be held on May 19 to share our experiences and research efforts in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the academic exchanges, we wish to better understand the implications and impact of COVID-19 and to help make sense of how a post Covid-19 world might be shaped to be more inclusive with global collaborations.
Registration closes on May 19 at 16:00 HKT (GMT+8). Limited seats available on a first-come-first-served basis.
"All-Round Efforts to Fight COVID-19 Pandemic"
Date: May 19, 2020 (Tuesday)
Time: 18:30 - 20:00 HKT (GMT+8)
The webinar will be led by HKUST faculty from the School of Engineering:
Opening Remarks: Prof. Tim CHENG, Dean of Engineering
- Prof. Richard SO, Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, and Department of Industrial Engineering & Decision Analytics
- Prof. King Lun YEUNG, Professor, Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Prof. Gary CHAN, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Prof. Ming LIU, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Prof. Matthew MCKAY, Professor, Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
Moderator: Dr. Phil CONSIDINE, Director of Executive Development, University of Strathclyde
Jointly organized by:
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
University of Strathclyde