Concertmaster of the Hong Kong Sinfonietta James Cuddeford joins celebrated Australian pianist Kristian Chong in Sonatas of Beethoven, Debussy and Brahms. These works are played alongside a world premiere for violin and piano from Cuddeford, an acclaimed composer as well as violinist - ‘Fisherman’s Song’, and some Rachmaninoff Preludes for piano. Chong is one of Australia’s leading pianists; he has performed with most of the major Australian orchestras and with many renowned musicians in chamber music including cellist Li-Wei Qin and flautist Megan Sterling, with whom he appeared at HKUST Music Alive! back in 2018.
BEETHOVEN - Sonata for Piano and Violin Op. 12 No. 2 in A major
James CUDDEFORD - Fisherman’s Song (world premiere)
DEBUSSY – Sonata for Violin and Piano in G
BRAHMS - Sonata for violin and piano No.3, Op. 108 in D Minor
Miriam HYDE arr. Noreen STOKES - Rhapsody for Left Hand (for Kristian CHONG)
RACHMANINOFF - Prelude Op. 32 no. 10 in B minor
RACHMANINOFF - Prelude op.23 no. 4 in D major
Piano: Kristian CHONG
Violin: James CUDDEFORD
- Free admission with registration.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.