Cantonese opera has picked up its momentum to once again flourish in Hong Kong in the post-Covid period, featuring non-stop performances with a large number of young artists joining the veterans, and numerous newly created works. Yet commentators have noticed the controversies aroused by some of the new plays and are alerted by the scarcity of young members of the audience. The present forum, which is open to the public, aims to facilitate exchanges among playwrights, directors, producers, actors, enthusiasts and researchers on issues essential to the sustainability of Cantonese opera.
Date 日期：Nov 29, 2023 (Wednesday)
Time 時間：6:30 PM
Venue 地點：CMA Lecture Theatre L (LT-L), HKUST 香港科技大學 香港中華廠商聯合會演講廳
Language 語言：Cantonese 廣東話
Keynote Speakers 主講人
- Mr. Shin Kei-yin (冼杞然導演), director of film and Cantonese opera
- Mr. Rex Ng Kwok-leung (吳國亮先生), playwright, director and producer
- Ms. Man Wah (文華小姐), actor and playwright
- Ms. Tu Wing-sum (杜詠心小姐), actor and playwright
Prof. Chan Sau-yan (陳守仁教授), Adjunct Professor, Chinese University of HK
ONLINE REGISTRATION 網上登記
- Free admission with registration.
- For HKUST members, Friends of HKUST, and invited guests only.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.