HMRF is now inviting proposals for investigator-initiated research projects and health promotion projects. Applications addressing the thematic priorities under the following areas will be given a higher priority for funding:
- Infectious Diseases
- Primary Healthcare and Non-communicable Disease
- Mental Health
- Implementation Science
For details, please refer to the full list of thematic priorities.
- Members of any discipline or profession in the health or health-related field can apply for funding. Grants may be awarded to tertiary institutions, hospitals, medical schools, non-profit-making organisations, registered community groups or other appropriate centres, units or services.
- The Principal Applicant shall be based in a Hong Kong organisation throughout the project period and be employed by the administering institution at the time of submitting the application.
HK$1.5 million (higher grants may be awarded where justified)
Up to 3 years
Each Principal Applicant is allowed to submit ONE application only (either a new or resubmission of application)
- All applications must be submitted via the electronic Grant Management System (eGMS). The detailed proposal for Section 13(a) – (h) should be completed in WORD format (Research Project (updated) / Health Promotion Project) and attached as a PDF file to the eForm.
- Please download your application in PDF & email to RO (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review before submitting online. After review, all applications finally must be submitted via eGMS with endorsement of principal applicant, co-applicants, Head of Department, authorized persons of Finance Office & RO.
- Please refer to the Quick Guide for Completing the Electronic Application Form and Training Manuals for using eGMS.
- Please read the Invitation for Applications, Guidance Notes and Explanatory Notes before completing the application.
16 April 2021 (Fri)
Invitation to Workshops
Briefing cum Grant Skills Training Workshops on Zoom Webinar and eGMS training sessions to be held in January – March 2021 are now open for registration.
- Briefing cum Grant Skills Training Workshop for the 2020 Open Call for Investigator-initiated Projects
- Dates: [Session 1]: 20 February 2021 (Sat) / [Session 2]: 27 March 2021 (Sat)
- Time: 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Venue: Zoom Webinar
- Registration Deadlines: [Session 1]: 29 January 2021 / [Session 2]: 26 February 2021
- Registration: Please register at https://online.hkam.org.hk/form/hmrf0220
- Training Sessions for Electronic Grant Management System (eGMS)
- Dates: [Session 1]: 26 January 2021 (Tue) / [Session 2]: 4 February 2021 (Thu)
- Time: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Venue: Online Training (Zoom)
- Registration Deadlines: [Session 1]: 18 January 2021 / [Session 2]: 27 January 2021
- Registration: Please return this form to email@example.com.
Mickey Pat (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 3469 2822)