HKUST Arts Festival 2023 - Jazz Talk & Demo: Between Now And Never by Invisible Architecture
In this talk, Hong Kong jazz guitarist/composer Alan KWAN and musicians Rayvaughn COVINGTON and Padget NANTON will discuss the emergence of Invisible Architecture’s Golden Melody Award-winning debut album Between Now and Never. Making use of the latest music production technologies and tools, the trio has created musical works that fuse ambient and electronica with the expressive vocabulary of modern jazz. The trio will perform and share details of their creative processes and the inspiration behind their album.
This event is conducted in English.
ONLINE REGISTRATION 網上登記
This is a recognized event in the "Self-directed Experience" component of CORE1905: Behavioral Foundations of University Education: Habits, Mindsets, and Wellness. You need to attend the event in full to get 1 hour.
Co-organizer: Hong Kong Jazz Academy
Supported by: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
- Free admission with registration.
- For HKUST members, Friends of HKUST (Note: You can sign up as "Friend of HKUST" when registering for the event), and invited guests.
- Online registration is required; each registration admits one person regardless of age
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the show time.
- Age Limit: Children under the age of 6 will not be admitted.
- Except for exempted persons, all visitors entering the CMA Lecture Theater (LT-L) are required to comply with the latest directions under Cap.599F.
除豁免人士外，進入香港中華廠商聯合會演講廳(LT-L)的人士須遵守法例第 599F 章的最新指示。
- The organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to make changes to the event program without prior notice.
Formed by Alan KWAN (guitar), Rayvaughn COVINGTON (Bass) and Padget NANTON (Drum), Invisible Architecture is a contemporary jazz group that explores the boundary of jazz with musical elements like ambient and electronic. Their album Between Now and Never won the Best Album Producer and received nominations of Best Recording Album in Technical Category, Best Composer and Best Album at the 33rd Golden Melody Awards.
Center for the Arts
Facebook: hkustcfa | Instagram: hkustArts | Youtube: The HKUST Center for the Arts