The Research Grants Council (RGC) is now calling for applications for the French National Research Agency (ANR) / Research Grants Council (RGC) Joint Research Scheme (JRS) 2022/23 Exercise. The Scheme aims to strengthen the collaboration between French and Hong Kong research communities in areas of mutual interest to be jointly identified in order to achieve world-class scientific and technical results, leading towards new knowledge. Both basic and applied research proposals of high academic merits in all areas are invited under the Scheme.
For Hong Kong applicants is HK$3 million per project (exclusive of on-costs) and the indicative average funding for the French applicants is about €280,000 per project.
36 or 48 month
Max. 5 submissions
29 Nov. 2021 (Expression of Interest submitted to RO)
Notes for Applicants:
- A pre-registration process will be adopted in this exercise. Interested faculty members should have their French partners to first submit pre-registration on behalf of the joint team to the ANR by 2 November 2021 (Tuesday) at 1700 hours (Paris local time). Only applicants who have completed the pre-registration via the ANR on-line system are eligible to submit applications in the later stage.
- Interested faculty members, having submitted the pre-registration to the ANR by the French partners, should send an Expression of Interest form to Research Office (via email@example.com) on or before 29 November 2021 (Monday). In the event there are more than five submissions, all the applications will be forwarded to VPRD for internal selection. Submissions after the deadline may not be considered.
- RO will notify the selected applicants of the internal shortlisting results in early January 2022.
- For shortlisted applications, the Hong Kong PIs and their French partners should prepare a joint proposal following ANR’s format, and submit it to the RGC and ANR in parallel. French applicants should submit the joint proposals via the online system of the ANR tentatively by end of March 2022 [to be confirmed and announced by ANR]. ANR will announce the opening and closing dates for proposal submission, tentatively in February 2022, via their online system after the completion of the pre-registration.
- Hong Kong PIs should submit, in addition to the joint proposal, an Application Supplement Form to RO about 2 weeks before the announced submission date by the RGC (tentatively in early/mid-March 2022). RO will further inform the Hong Kong PIs of the exact submission date.
Timelines for tasks & Deadline:
2 November 2021
(17:00 / Paris local time)
|The French applicants submit pre-registration to ANR
|29 November 2021
||Expression of Interest submitted to RO by HKUST applicants
|Early January 2022
||Notifying HKUST applicants of the internal shortlisting results
|February 2022 (TBC)
||ANR to announce the date for receiving proposals submissions
|By end of March 2022 (TBC)
- French partners submit the joint proposal via the online system of ANR (the deadline to be confirmed by ANR)
- shortlisted Hong Kong PIs submit the joint proposal and Application Supplement to RO (about 2 weeks before the announced submission date by the RGC)